Re: (erielack) Assistance please.

There was also a Pre-U-Boat with ALCO style cooling system competing against RS-11 and was GE's UD18 of which only NdeM recieved ten. None sold in the US even though GE had a colorful Blue and White Demo. RS-11's and GP9's sold best in the US.

  Jerome

WellerK_@_aol.com wrote:

So, just what is a GE UM-20? Some sort of experimental diesel used on the
Erie?

- --Ken Weller, no expert on diesel engines...

I have suffered Complete Computer
Failure. . .
. . . I am (still) working on reworking an ABBA set of GE UM-20s, the
Overland models of
some 15-20 years ago. I used to know when they were done, because it was
documented in the old computer . . . .

But what I have also lost which is relevant to this project is the six or
seven photos I'd managed to find of these engines in ERIE paint. And what I'm
asking here is that if any of you happen to have some photos of these engines
in ERIE paint, and would consider sharing them, I would be most VERY
grateful.

SGL