Re:RE: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lacka

What extra cost is involved with Scranton service?  The tracks exist and they now carry passengers.  Besides, the Cutoff Service trains would have to be stored and serviced somewhere -- where?  Why build new facilities in the middle of the mountains when they already exist in Scranton?

Randy Brown
> I understand the need for service to the Poconos because it's
> within commuting distance of NYC.  But what is the purpose of
> spending tons of money for train service to Scranton?. . .

Because the state of Pa. will be subsidizing that portion....

And there *is* a market for that. Look at all the Martz buses on Route 80!