Re: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lackawanna Cutoff now ava...

Yes, Jim is correct. They are planning a new intermodal station in
Scranton. However, from what I've read and correct me on this please, while the city
is looking forward, the planners are still dragging their feet. This
endeavour was supposed to have begun but it's still a parking lot with no signs of
construction.

Another thing that I read is that the station would be placed along the
Diamond Branch that cuts through the parking lot, meaning that trains would
have to pull off the main and back into the station. How dumb is that? Does
anyone have any information that can either corroborate that or correct us?

Gary, thanks for the fare comparisons. That is very interesting. What's
also interesting is the "package" deals that Martz offers but they don't help
weekenders very much. It does show that there is demand.

Jim, while you saw an extra added on your ride back to NYC, on Memorial Day
Weekend, I caught the 11am from NYC. The lines were very long to both
Scranton and WB. It was announced that if all could not get on, the rest would
have to wait for the 1.05pm departure to Scranton. It was literally standing
room to DWG/Stroudsburg as everyone packed the bus. All this for $84 round
trip.

Walt, there was a piece in one of last week's Scranton Times-Tribune issues
that talked about the Laurel Line, introducing light rail and regional
commuter bus service. You might want to go to the paper's site to access it. It
has a very interesting map that you will find of interest.

I still think it's a matter of when but they, especially PA, have to act
quickly as I believe there's a time limit on available funding.

Rick
**************Dell Days of Deals! June 15-24 - A New Deal Everyday!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222677718x1201465083/aol?redir=http:%2F%2F
ad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215692163%3B38015526%3Be)