Re: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lackawanna Cutoff now ava...

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009, doubletrack_@_netzero.net wrote:

> Jerome, You couldn't be more WRONG if you Tried!  Many of those who commute On Martz is because they have no Train Option. and Driving a car that distance daily is even more Insane than  the Bus.  Im Wondering if you have a financial interest in that Bus Company as all you  ever seem to do is Trash the Train! What  kind of Railroad Hobbyist are you OR ar you just a NIMBY!
>

> This Message Sent by Donald Kern

Jerome might be thinking of it from the standpoint of who has to pay for it.
What's the fare recovery cost projection? While I'd like to see the Cutoff
back in operation, I'm not willing to force people to pay for it who won't
ever use it or who will never see any tangible benefit from it. If I could
specify what my tax dollars went for then I might earmark a share for
rebuilding the Cutoff, but I wouldn't force Stanley Farmer from Watertown, NY
to do the same.

I have never been a big fan of train rider welfare.

Henry

J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services