Re: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lackawanna Cutoff now ava...

A fair number of the people living up in the Poconos only commute one or two days a week, telecommuting the rest of the time.

They are smart enough not to drive.

A large portion of the car commuters work in New Jersey, largely in Morris County.  This is one reason that the service to Hoboken can work: the people coming from Pennsylvania get off before Newark and it doesn't matter where the train goes to rest during the day.

You just have to stand on the Parsippany Boulevard bridge over I 80 in the morning and watch the cars.  It's west of the turnoff for I 287, and a large fraction of the cars with PA plates take that exit, heading for Morristown and vicinity.  These people now have no option other than driving, but the train will provide what they want.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey