RE: (erielack) NJ/PA - Environmental Assessment for Lackawanna Cutoff now ava...

 Like I said in an earlier post, the people in the lower Poconos can use the
service and would probably utilize it effectively.  But until I see an
actual planning study done on this topic (re: Scranton to NYC or even
Scranton to Morristown), I just don't see this service making economic sense
beyond East Stroudsburg.  (If such a study does exist or even if only Martz
has specific ridership figures, please direct me to them).

In the meantime, here's an annecdote: when I worked in Parsippany, we hired
a guy from Scranton who worked in the office Tues - Thurs. and stayed in a
hotel for 2 nights each week rather than do a daily commute.

And where is it written that trains have to stay overnight at the last
station.  Isn't there a yard somewhere east of Stroudsburg where the trains
could park?  If not, could a siding be built somewhere along the line?

Greg Botvinik
Highland Park, NJ
botvinesq_@_optonline.net