From: "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_alcatel-lucent.com>
To: EL Mail List <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:14:25 PM
Subject: RE: (erielack) DL&W Track markers at Hoboken Terminal

> Do the EL/DL&W men on this list remember how the colored
> lights were used on the track markers at Hoboken?? Did the
> various colors convey class of train, or have something to do
> with departure time or gate status?? I've not come across any
> refence in the rule books or employee timetables.

I always assumed they meant the same thing on the DL&W as they did on the EL: The colored lights (or combinations thereof) indicated what line a train was for (i.e., Morris & Essex, Gladstone Branch, Montclair Branch, Sussex Branch, Boonton Line). When the Erie moved in, I thought they added the "combinations" to account for the additional new lines the trains would be using?

The EL timetables always had on their cover the admonition to "Look for <fill in the blacnk> lights" for that particular line.