(erielack) Quick ELHS Archives status update

A quick update on the ELHS Archives:
ELHS members Mike Connor, Randy Dettmer, Joe Juratovac, Tom Marshalak, Joe Schveder and myself met up at CSU on Saturday, 6/27 to off load a truck load of archival and banker boxes (about 10 pallets total) that had been in storage, and were relocated into Cleveland State Univesity's Archival area, where the cataloging process can be picked up, as well as some further consolidation done to remove duplicative and/or non-related material.

We also moved the large Erie insulated/fireproof drawing cabinet (it took 4 of us to move it...we estimated it weights 500 lbs.+/-) that contained much of the Erie's original system val. and track maps.

Next step will be to coordinate the move of the remaining material which consists of that material that was too large or not appropriate to be boxed up, including remaining valuation and track maps, drawings, ledger books, etc.

No date has been established for that task, but we hope by the end of Summer, if not sooner...

Rich Behrendt
ELHS #384