Re: (erielack) Lackawanna 2009

> The photos are interesting. I take it these are NJT ballast cars. What's
> the story behind the Fallen Flags lettering/logos?

These cars are on the Light Rail system that runs between Camden and
Trenton -- the RIVER Line (as opposed to the River Line which we know as the
West Shore and home of the wrong-railing doctored DL&W flood detour
photoshopped creation in a leading rail nostalgia publication).

The photos were taken at the NJ-ARP Patrons luncheon last week which
included a tour of the 32nd Street Control Complex and the rest. I can't
tell you about these specific cars, but there are railfans in the transit
field who appreciate this stuff.

That's why you'll find the Erie, Lackawanna, NYS&W and others honored on the
HBLRT at one of its stations as well.

Cheers,
Jim