From: Jim Guthrie <jguthrie_@_pipeline.com>
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 7:03:29 AM
Subject: Re: (erielack) Lackawanna 2009

> The photos are interesting. I take it these are NJT ballast cars. What's the story behind the Fallen Flags lettering/logos?

These cars are on the Light Rail system that runs between Camden and Trenton -- the RIVER Line (as opposed to the River Line which we know as the West Shore and home of the wrong-railing doctored DL&W flood detour photoshopped creation in a leading rail nostalgia publication).

The photos were taken at the NJ-ARP Patrons luncheon last week which included a tour of the 32nd Street Control Complex and the rest. I can't tell you about these specific cars, but there are railfans in the transit field who appreciate this stuff.

That's why you'll find the Erie, Lackawanna, NYS&W and others honored on the HBLRT at one of its stations as well.

Cheers,
Jim