(erielack) EL E8's and Pass train in Schenectady 1971

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-12-12

EL816_Schenectady_1-1971.jpg (image/jpeg, 800x522 50027 bytes, BF: 8.35 ppb)

While checking out the eBay listings today, I found this listing....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-Delaware-Hudson-D-H-Erie-Lakawanna-816-SB-Past-OLD-Schenectady-Station-/360433610806?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53eb847036

which shows EL816 and another EL E8 with a passenger train going by the
Schenectady, NY station on the D&H in January, 1971. I know we're out of the
passenger train business before this date so any clues as to what this move
is all about? Anybody have any information on this train? From the slide, I
can't really distinguish the passenger car heritages. Was this some kind of
a Dereco inspection train, maybe?

Regards,
           Rich Tubbs
          Marion, OH