Re:Re: (erielack) E-L Dining Cars

Don't the ELDCPS cars have to be fuly compliant with Amtrak requirements, and doesn't that include 79mph capability?

Not on any former Erie, DL&W, or EL routes, maybe, but who knows where these cars might operate?

Randy Brown

These photos bring back memories of my trips as dining car waiter on CN. The galley was cramped and was a scene of organized bedlam at dinnertime with a full car. Then there was the delicate task of carrying six dinner plates to the farthest tables with the car bouncing and lurching at 79 per. Maybe someday I'll relive the experience on the EL version (but I suspect not at 79 per).

Paul B