Re: (rshsdepot) Any stations for sale on the East Coast?

Aberdeen, Maryland has a former B&O brick depot built by architect Frank Furness in 1886, which is in imminent danger of demolition by CSX.  There is some movement underway to try to save it and move it, however.  Plenty of room there for a siding, off CSX tracks.  The city of Aberdeen or CSX will have more information about it.

>>> lists_@_rosegremse.com 08/26/03 03:08PM >>>
A couple that I know has decided that they want to buy a depot as their
vacation home (and I'm jealous! :-)  They are looking for a good size
station or depot, on live rail, somewhere on the coast in the Southeast.
Ideally they'd find something in the Georgia to Delaware corridor, with
an architecturally-interesting building and the potential for re-using
(or putting in) a siding for their private rail car (did I mention that
I'm jealous?)  They're history buffs as well, so something historic or
landmarked might be ok, and they said they would be willing to perhaps
take on a restoration/rehabilitation project. Anyone have any
suggestions??

- -David (the jealous)