RE: (erielack) West Boonton Yard... then and now

> I remember you posting the later photo about a year ago. IIRC
> that's the movable bridge at WR (West Arlington) over the
> Passaic River on the NY≷ it pivots around the center
> support. Was this a common design? I don't recall seeing
> others like it.
>
> Paul B

I might have posted a similar photo from the same angle by a different
photographer, but never posted the one I did last night.

Center-pivot bridges are a fairly common design. The DL&W had one of a
similar design further upriver at Lyndhurst, though its bridge portion
wasn't tapered. And let's not forget DB Draw, also center pivot but with
a through-truss bridge design. They were used where a wide passageway
wasn't necessary.