RE: (erielack) Re: EL in Railfan and Railroad

Paul
The Lorain, Ashland & Southern was a joint Erie Railroad-Pennsylvania Railroad affiliate for most of its life.  In its early abandonment (c. 1926) the Erie acquired the Ashland terminal trackage of the LA&S and the balance was scrapped.  The newish book, "The Rattlesnake and the Ramsey," digs very deep into the history of this line although I still am puzzled as to what the Erie really got for consenting to abandonment of a jointly-owned direct link to Lorain and the tube works.
MJC