Re: (erielack) EMD Art [was Railway Age Article on C-424 delivery 1963]

Bern Hill and Tom Fawell did some good work, but in my opinion no body
comes close to Howard Fogg.
I have quite few of his lithographs from the Alco collection including both
of the Erie FA scenes. Also EMD
lithographs from the late 1940's thru the 1950's are really nice, I have
the Erie FT, F3 & E8. The best part
about them is I got them for free when I was teenager. All you had to do is
write to Alco or EMD and they would
send them to you.
Jerry Custer
ELHS 2603

> Some of Bern Hill's posters were absolutely spectacular! I'd love to have a
> collection of them.
>
> Antique's Roadshow did a piece on some of Bern Hill's original work, check
> out the appraisal numbers!:
> http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/archive/200704A52.html
>
> Here's one that is typical Bern Hill:
>
> http://www.artnet.fr/Artists/LotDetailPage.aspx?lot_id=081403E9FC0FBF5275C112FC39F3B3C5
>
> This slideshow has some good Bern Hill posters;
>
> http://dbtraveller.wordpress.com/2011/01/01/1950s-bern-hill-railroad-posters/
>
> Some of Tom Fawell's work can be seen in this PDF from TRAINS (I didn't
> need
> a login):
> http://trn.trains.com/~/media/import/files/pdf/7/6/1/ctr-b0308.ashx
>
> Good stuff!
>
> Henry
>
> J. Henry Priebe Jr.    Blue Moon Internet Corp Network Administrator
> www.bluemoon.net       Internet Access & Web Hosting
> www.railfan.net        Railfan Network Services
>

>        The Erie Lackawanna Mailing List
>        http://EL-List.railfan.net/